Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Blogging World

I have recently found an online blog that is very funny and a bit inappropriate. Seeing as this is my first experience with blogs I was highly entertained by www.fmylife.com. Although people may find some things very inappropriate, I was interested in it because it’s the sort of thing that allows you to feel better about something embarrassing happening to you. Honestly, I though blogs were for people who had too much time on their hands, but now I am able to see that they are for regular people with regular problems in life. I hope I will not get into any trouble by talking about this website. And just to make something clear I have not contributed any information to the website. It was just kind of my first euphony with the blogging world that people speak of so much, which obviously relates back to the topic at hand about the Internet. I guess this website can be viewed as a blog that just shares experiences that give you a laugh or give you secondhand embarrassment. The website is very similar to many magazines sections telling people’s embarrassing stories which demonstrates a piece that is evolving into the cyber world. 

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree about blogging. I am a first time blogger also and I really like that with your blog you can talk about anything you want too. Not only can you put out your opinions on what is going on in your life or the world, but you can also start conversations with many different people all across the world. I think blogs are a great place for discussing the current events. Also, I love www.fmylife.com as well. It is a hilarious website. Whether it makes you feel better about something embarrassing that happened to you or just life in general it is a super funny website. It’s become so popular recently; everyone seems to be talking about it. I’m sure many people out there, Siegel in particular, do not have anything positive to say about this website because it is exactly contributing any knowledge into the population. Not everything has to be taken so seriously in life, and this website is a funny relief. It’s just another pointless, waste of our time on the Internet that of course everyone loves, in a way like Facebook. By the way, I hope I don’t get into any trouble for talking about this website either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the web site and also found it somewhat addictive. It's kind of like Twitter, because all the posts are so short. You just read one and laugh and then you think, they're so short, I'll just read the next, and the next, and . . . I wonder if people make any of this up, like the girl who met the guy outside a club, took him home for sex, and woke up to find he had paid her. And only $20?

    ReplyDelete